Next date and time:
to be decided
Have you tried trust building exercises until you are blue in the face? Can you still sense elephants in the room? The issues that everybody knows about but nobody talks about?
Maybe that's because trust can't be built like you can't make a horse drink. More likely because trust building exercises focus on connection, communication and understanding. All extremely important for trust to have a chance, but not trust itself.
Learn what trust is made of and what you can do to allow both self-trust and trust between teammates to grow.
Trust is not optional
Trust is not optional for the bottom line. It doesn't happen automagically and it can't be built. But it can be allowed to grow.
Join this live, interactive webinar. Yes, you can ask questions. And get an answer. In person. From me. Live.
- How to recognize trust failures.
- The anatomy of trust as spelled by the BRAVING acronym.
- How to practice BRAVING to allow trust to grow.
Trust is essential
Lack of trust is causing organizations and businesses huge costs in stymied creativity, stalled innovation and blocked change. Costs that remain largely hidden as symptoms are addressed but the underlying cause is allowed to fester on.
Despite all the trust building exercises, ice breakers, team building activities and everything else intended to build trust levels in teams, trust, or rather lack of trust, remains a huge challenge in even the most trust-oriented organizations.
- All the trust building exercises I've come acrross are not about building trust. They are about building connection and understanding. While connection and understanding are lubricants for our interactions and communication, and interactions and communication are the conduit along which trust flows, they are not trust itself.
- Trust can't be built. Like you can't make a horse drink I cannot make you trust me. All I can do is act in a trustworthy manner and hope (trust?) you will (eventually) recognize that I am a pretty safe bet.
Self-trust is perhaps even more important.
For how can you trust others when you can't trust yourself?
Many people lack self-trust. They can't count on themselves to take care of themselves, to keep themselves emotionally safe and recover when their trust in someone else was proven ill-advised.
Braving Trust is about what is needed to allow trust to grow. Self-trust, trust between teammates and trust between teams and their stakeholders.
So creativity, innovation and change can flourish and individuals, organizations and businesses can thrive.